Find a roofer in Porterdale, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Porterdale, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Porterdale, Georgia. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.