Find a roofer in Portal, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected price for roof repair services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much is the rate for most roofing contractors per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Portal, GA
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Portal, GA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.