Find a roofer in Port Wentworth, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Port Wentworth, GA
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Port Wentworth, GA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Port Wentworth, GA. Find the right contractor for your house today.