Find a roofer in Pooler, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Pooler, Georgia. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Pooler, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Pooler, Georgia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.