Find a roofer in Pine Lake, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Pine Lake, Georgia. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Pine Lake, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Pine Lake, Georgia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Pine Lake, Georgia. Get the roofing services you need for your property right away.