Find a roofer in Perry, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical price charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much do most roofing professionals charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Perry, Georgia. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Perry, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Perry, Georgia. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.