Find a roofer in Omaha, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Omaha, Georgia. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Omaha, Georgia
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Omaha, Georgia. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.