Find a roofer in Norman Park, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Norman Park, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Norman Park
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Norman Park, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Norman Park, Georgia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.