Find a roofer in Norcross, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Norcross, GA. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Norcross, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Norcross
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Norcross, GA
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Norcross, GA. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Norcross, GA. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.