Find a roofer in Mount Berry, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Mount Berry, GA. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Mount Berry, GA
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mount Berry, GA, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mount Berry, GA. Find the right contractor for your home today.