Find a roofer in Moreland, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Moreland, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Moreland
Roofing Maintenance Services near Moreland, Georgia
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Moreland, Georgia, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.