Find a roofer in Monticello, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much can it cost to fix the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Monticello, GA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Monticello, GA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.