Find a roofer in Montezuma, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Montezuma, GA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Montezuma, GA. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Montezuma, GA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.