Find a roofer in Milledgeville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Milledgeville, Georgia. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Milledgeville, Georgia
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Milledgeville, Georgia. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.