Find a roofer in Menlo, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Menlo, GA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Menlo, GA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.