Find a roofer in Meigs, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the standard cost charged by roofing professionals for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected price to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the usual pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the normal period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Meigs, GA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Meigs, GA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.