Find a roofer in McDonough, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in McDonough, Georgia. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near McDonough, Georgia
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in McDonough, Georgia. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in McDonough, Georgia. Find the right contractor for your property now.