Find a roofer in Matthews, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
When should a roof inspection be done?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofers typically price their services for a replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate price range for repairing a rooftop?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Matthews, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Matthews, Georgia. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.