Find a roofer in Matthews, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Matthews, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Matthews
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Matthews, GA
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Matthews, GA, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.