Find a roofer in Marietta, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Marietta, Georgia. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Marietta, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Marietta
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Marietta, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Marietta, Georgia. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.