Find a roofer in Madison, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At what moment should I think about getting an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the typical price for roof replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
When during the year is best for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Madison, GA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Madison, GA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.