Find a roofer in Macon, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When during the year is best for roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
How much do most roofing specialists charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal duration to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Macon, GA. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the job.
When is inspecting my roof needed?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Macon, GA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Macon, GA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.