Find a roofer in Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
What is the correct occasion to book a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofing professionals for a roof replacement project?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected expenditure for roof repair services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Lookout Mountain, Georgia. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.