Find a roofer in Loganville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Loganville, Georgia. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Loganville, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Loganville, Georgia. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.