Find a roofer in Lizella, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Lizella, GA
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lizella, GA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.