Find a roofer in Lithia Springs, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Georgia // Lithia Springs
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it take for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to set up my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost will a roofing specialist charge for replacement?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Lithia Springs, GA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Lithia Springs, GA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.