Find a roofer in Lithia Springs, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lithia Springs, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Lithia Springs
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Lithia Springs, GA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Lithia Springs, GA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lithia Springs, GA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.