Find a roofer in Lawrenceville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lawrenceville, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Lawrenceville
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Lawrenceville, GA
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lawrenceville, GA, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lawrenceville, GA. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home today.