Find a roofer in Lakemont, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lakemont, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Lakemont
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Lakemont, GA
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lakemont, GA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.