Find a roofer in Lakeland, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lakeland, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Lakeland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Lakeland, GA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Lakeland, GA. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lakeland, GA. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.