Find a roofer in Jenkinsburg, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the appropriate time to book a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How much will a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to maintain the roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the most appropriate time for roofing work?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Jenkinsburg, GA
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Jenkinsburg, GA. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.