Find a roofer in Jenkinsburg, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Jenkinsburg, GA
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Jenkinsburg, GA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.