Find a roofer in Jackson, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Jackson, GA
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Jackson, GA, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.