Find a roofer in Helen, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the proper time to request a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical cost charged by roofers for a roof replacement project?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I budget for rooftop repair expenses?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
When during the year is good for a roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Helen, GA
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Helen, GA, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.