Find a roofer in Helen, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Helen, Georgia. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Helen, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Helen, Georgia. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.