Find a roofer in Griffin, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Griffin, GA. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
What is the proper occasion to book a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How much does a roofing professional charge for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate for rooftop repair expenses?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Griffin, GA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Griffin, GA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.