Find a roofer in Greensboro, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At what stage should I think about having an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How much will a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much should I estimate to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
When should I plan to have roofing services done?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Greensboro, GA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Greensboro, GA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.