Find a roofer in Grantville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Grantville, Georgia. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Grantville, Georgia
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Grantville, Georgia. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Grantville, Georgia. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home today.