Find a roofer in Glennville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Glennville, Georgia. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Glennville, Georgia
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Glennville, Georgia, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Glennville, Georgia. Get the roofing services you need for your house today.