Find a roofer in Georgetown, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are associated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the regular price per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the usual duration for a roof replacement?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Georgetown, GA
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Georgetown, GA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.