Find a roofer in Gay, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should my roof be inspected?
Most roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much does it cost to repair the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What season is good for a roofing job?
No matter what season it is, you can call a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Gay, GA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Gay, GA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.