Find a roofer in Fort Gaines, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Fort Gaines, Georgia. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Fort Gaines, Georgia
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Fort Gaines, Georgia, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.