Find a roofer in Farmington, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Farmington, Georgia. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Farmington, Georgia
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Farmington, Georgia, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.