Find a roofer in Fairmount, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I schedule to get roofing services performed?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Fairmount, Georgia. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
What is the appropriate time to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Fairmount, Georgia
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Fairmount, Georgia, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.