Find a roofer in Evans, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Evans, Georgia. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Evans, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Evans
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Evans, Georgia
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Evans, Georgia. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.