Find a roofer in Eton, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Eton, Georgia. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Eton, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Eton, Georgia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.