Find a roofer in Emerson, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Emerson, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Emerson
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Emerson, GA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Emerson, GA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.