Find a roofer in Eatonton, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Eatonton, Georgia
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Eatonton, Georgia. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.