Find a roofer in Duluth, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Duluth, GeorgiaHome // Georgia // Duluth
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Duluth, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Duluth, Georgia. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.