Find a roofer in Dudley, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Dudley, Georgia
When you need roofing maintenance services in Dudley, Georgia, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.